Coaching for Success
This workshop aims to provide participants with an understanding of the benefits, limitations and application in the workplace of coaching as a management tool aimed at bringing about improved performance, a change in attitude or enhanced capability. The client has the option, on this course, to use professional actor/facilitators to provide participants with real-life coaching experiences.
When run in-house, we ask our clients to work with us in preparing suitable case study scenarios for use during the practical role-play sessions to ensure the examples we use are relevant to each client's business environment.
On completion of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Define coaching and explain the difference between coaching and similar performance enhancing interventions
- Describe when it is appropriate and possible to use coaching effectively and when it is not
- Explain the benefits of coaching for the individual and the organisation
- Explain the coaching process and the relationship between the coachee and the coach throughout the process
- Explain the importance of understanding the coachee’s preferred learning style, personality and personal drivers in helping them enhance their performance
- Describe and effectively utilise the skills associated with being an effective coach
- Demonstrate the application of coaching skills in the workplace.