Total Quality Management Techniques
|Total Quality Management aims to improve the competitiveness, effectiveness and flexibility of the whole organisation so that not only is it positioned to meet the needs of customers today but is capable of continuing to delight them tomorrow and into the future. TQM requires a culture that places the customer at the centre of its strategic decision making and a commitment to continual improvement. |
This one day course focuses on the tools and techniques that enable continual improvement to take place.
On completion of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Define Total Quality Management
- Describe a method for calculating the cost of quality
- Explain the purpose, scope and key requirements of the international standard ISO 9001
- Explain how to describe a process in the form of a Business Process Diagram
- Explain how to relate the Critical to Quality factors to process inputs
- Describe a method of prioritising improvement activities
- Use a variety of methods for collecting, collating and analysing data
- Use a variety of methods for problem solving
- Explain a method for identifying ways of benefiting from opportunities
- Use a variety of methods for decision making
- Describe a model for continuous improvement.