Time - there is never enough of it. We could all use more, but there would not be such a need if we used the time we have more efficiently. How often do we find ourselves stuck in meetings that prevent us getting on with what we consider to be really important? How often do we find ourselves waylaid by colleagues wanting our time to resolve their problems? How often do have to spend time searching for an important document that has become buried beneath a mountain of routine correspondence? How often do we have to stay late or take work home to guarantee we can get that critical piece of work finished?
On completion of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Explain the importance of taking responsibility for their own personal organisation
- Analysis how they currently spent time
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to managing work
- Identify their own strengths and weaknesses as time managers
- List the top ten time wasters and techniques for dealing with them
- Identify a range of resources to help manage time more effectively
- Produce a personal action plan.