Negotiating and Influencing Skills
This two-day practical course examines the difference between positional and principled negotiation. It develops the benefits of using principled negotiation and provides participants with a process to follow when negotiating. It also provides participants with skill and knowledge to understand how to influence others positively.
On completion of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe the difference between positional bargaining and principled negotiation
- Explain why principled negotiation is more appropriate for improved outcomes
- Demonstrate a three stage negotiation process
- Recognise the use of multiple level influencing techniques
- Demonstrate the use of multiple level influencing techniques to influence others.