Managing Stress in the Workplace
This one-day workshop for managers is designed to raise awareness about workplace stress. What is stress? How does it manifest? What are the implications of late detection? The interactive day uses group activities, videos and self-reflection to help learners gain more insight into work place stress.
On completion of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe the difference between stress and pressure
- Explain their legal responsibilities for managing stress at work
- Explain how to assess well-being and work-life balance
- Identify sources of personal stress
- Identify sources of stress for others
- Recognise the signs of stress – in themselves and others, especially at the early stages
- Recognise a variety of coping strategies that they can use during periods of excessive pressure.