Management Skills for New Managers
The move from focussing on your own workload to managing the work of others is a big step and can often be a daunting. This two-day workshop provides new managers with an understanding of the essential skills they will require in their new roles.
The workshop involves a wide range of interventions including facilitator led discussions, individual questionnaires, individual and group exercises and a role-play. An action planning activity at the end encourages participants to continue their learning journey by identifying what actions they need to take after the event, when they will take these actions, what support they will require and who from.
On completion of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Explain the role of a manager
- Communicate well with team members
- Make most efficient use of your own time, and that of your team
- Explain how and when to delegate
- Set objectives and appraise performance
- Motivate staff and handle conflict effectively.