This two-day workshop explores the nature of leadership, how leadership differs from management and the skills needed to be an effective leader. The programme provides participants with the opportunity to gain an understanding of their own style preferences as a leader, and where their skills lie in relation to what they require.
The workshop involves a wide range of interventions including facilitator led discussions, individual questionnaires, individual and group exercises and a role-play. All activities are designed to provide the participants with an enhanced understanding of the leadership style preferences and skills. An action planning activity at the end encourages participants to continue their leadership journey by trying out new approaches and gaining new skills post-workshop.
On completion of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe a leader’s responsibilities
- Create and maintain an efficient, effective, and motivated team
- Maximize their team's performance by understanding human behaviour and focusing on the needs of the individual and the team
- Communicate more effectively with their team and with customers
- Managing the performance of the team more effectively.