This is a one-day workshop aimed at line managers. It is designed to give them the knowledge and skills needed to enhance the performance of their staff or team through effective feedback.
The programme is based on an experiential learning approach, which means that most of the learning on the programme is practical and based on participants’ own experiences. In order to prepare you for this we ask that, prior to the event, participants reflect on feedback they have already given or received and make some notes. It should take no more than 30 minutes to complete.
We ask participants to refer to and share their thoughts with fellow participants during the workshop.
On completion of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- List the key benefits of managing performance
- Demonstrate how to set SMART objectives
- Define what feedback is and its purpose
- Describe how effective feedback benefits the organisation, the team and the individual
- List the guidelines for giving and receiving feedback
- Describe how to give motivational feedback to individuals
- Describe how to give developmental feedback to individuals
- Demonstrate active listening skills
- Demonstrate skills in giving and receiving feedback in difficult situations
- Complete an action plan describing how they will build on the learning from the workshop.