Facilitation is the skill of guiding others to solve their own problems and achieve their objectives without offering advice or solutions. A facilitator provides the structure and process, enabling individuals and groups to function effectively and make well thought-through decisions.
This intensive two-day workshop is highly participative and designed to help participants achieve a practical understanding of the process and skills of facilitation. It is packed with useful tools and techniques to aid facilitating a wide range of events. Participants have the opportunity to hone their facilitation skills right from the first exercise, ‘Setting the Ground Rules’ through to the ‘Facilitation Skills Practice’ which takes up most of the afternoon of the second day.
On completion of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Explain the benefits and applications of facilitation in the workplace
- Differentiate between process and content facilitation
- Identify the core practices and skills required for effective facilitation
- Explain how to stimulate group discussion and handle conflict positively
- Use a range of techniques contained within the ‘Toolkit’
- Develop their facilitation skills through ‘live’ practice sessions.