Equality and Diversity Programme
1/2 to 1 Day
Our newly relaunched Equality and Diversity Programme aims to provide participants with basic knowledge and skills in recently topical aspects of equality and diversity, covering Diversity Awareness, LGBT Awareness, Mental Health Awareness and Unconscious Bias.
On completion of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify the key concepts relating to discrimination, equality and diversity and the implications specifically for LGBT, Disability and Mental Health
- Identify the role of unconscious bias on individual behaviours, how to recognise it within themselves and the impact it can have on others
- Define the skills needed to overcome barriers and create an inclusive culture that helps eliminate hidden biases
- Explain the importance of embedding good practice and identifying the practical impact on individuals and the organisation
- Demonstrate how to embed good practice.
Workshop Content and Method:
This programme is delivered over half a day. However it can be extended to run over a full day by exploring additional topics and providing more opportunity for participants to reflect on their own experiences of discrimination and unconscious bias in the workplace.