Delegating for Success
On the face of it, delegation sounds easy – you don’t have time to do something yourself so you get someone else to do it. Naturally, there is much more to it than that and that is what this course is all about. It covers: why delegation is a useful management approach; who benefits, how and why; what can and cannot be delegated; some golden rules for delegation; and what to do if things go wrong.
On completion of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Define delegation
- Explain the benefits of effective delegation – to individuals and the organization
- Identify how to overcome barriers to delegation
- Describe the delegation process
- Identify who to delegate to
- Explain how to monitor progress
- Outline when to intervene if problems occur
- Demonstrate how to give feedback on tasks.