Appraisal Skills for Staff
This one-day workshop focuses on how a good performance appraisal system that is used well will ensure individuals feel valued, help to identify problems and issues early on and reinforce a partnership approach between managers and their staff.
This highly practical workshop is ideal for groups of up to 12. It includes team, group and individual exercises and activities and time for reflection. It is anticipated that participants will have the opportunity to begin to complete their own appraisal form in readiness for their next appraisal meeting.
On completion of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Explain the process, system and rationale
- Demonstrate awareness of how appraisals can become a useful motivational tool
- Identify what is expected of them when completing the appraisal form
- Explain what to expect during an appraisal meeting
- Demonstrate setting evidence based objectives
- Identify examples of evidence for successfully meeting objectives.