Appraisal Skills for Managers
This one-day workshop focuses on how a good performance appraisal system that is used well will ensure individuals feel valued, help to identify problems and issues early on and reinforce a partnership approach between managers and their staff. Managers will consider both giving and receiving appraisals during this workshop.This highly practical one-day workshop is ideal for groups of up to 12. It includes team, group and individual exercises and activities and time for reflection.
On completion of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe the process, system and rationale
- Identify knowledge, skills and attitudes required when conducting performance appraisals
- Identify own development needs in relation to giving appraisals to staff members
- Demonstrate their ownership of the system
- Demonstrate awareness of how appraisals can become a useful motivational tool
- Explain the process and expectations from both perspectives – giving and receiving an appraisal
- Demonstrate setting evidence based objectives.