The first step towards management is often leading a team. Whilst this role might not encompass all aspects of management, it does include significant responsibilities such as team building, motivation, influencing and coaching.
The first requirement of any leader is to recognise that there is no one style of leadership and that leaders need to be flexible and adapt to different situations. The second requirement is to recognise that good leadership is about establishing a positive relationship with those you lead. Being a good leader requires you to understand your own motivations and recognise your own behavioural traits if you are to be able to interpret and influence the motivations and behaviours of others.
This one day programme will provide you with an insight into what makes a good team leader and offers you the opportunity to assess your own progress towards that goal.
On completion of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify their current preferred leadership style and practices
- Select appropriate leadership styles based on the situation
- Describe how to motivate individuals to willingly expend effort on a task
- Explain the concept of emotional intelligence (EI) and the actions they can take to improve their own EI
- Explain how to develop and influence others
- Describe how to lead groups and deliver objectives and outcomes
- Explain how teams develop over time
- Managing team dynamics to ensure that the team is working at peak performance
- Building supportive teams and networks.